Tuesday, January 17, 2017

50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind


50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind

I was recently part of a electronic swap on Swap-bot where I had to answer 50 questions and send them to my 5 partners. This swap was hosted by ElizabethObviously and you can find out more about the swap details by clicking on her name. Below you will find the 50 questions and my answers to them. Enjoy :) 

  1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? Honestly most days I don't feel like I am my age. When someone asks me how old I am I actually have to stop and sometimes do the math..hahaha. Most days I feel like I am still in my 30s. 
  2. Which is worse, failing or never trying? It can be a little of both at times. Depends on my frame of mind at the time of failing. If it is something that has compounded by a bunch of failures in a row then I feel like it would have been better to have never tried in the first place. But if it is something that I really enjoyed doing but know that I wasn't that great at, well I feel like at least I tried. :) 
  3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do? It's all about the feeling of obligation. Sometimes we do things we don't want to do because we feel obligated to do so. On the other hand sometimes I don't do things I really want to do because I can't justify the cost it entails. 
  4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done? Probably, I'm not a very motivated person. I talk about wanting to do things but I don't always follow through. 
  5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world? People that feel the need to try and start arguments and criticize other people. People I call trolls. I wish I could get rid of that personality trait. I wish we could go back to the time of, "If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all." Now-a-days people feel that it's their right.. Their freedom of speech right to be hateful. I don't believe in that. 
  6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich? Being a stay at home mother full time would make me tremendously happy and that would make me rich. I would have a house full of foster kids and love doing it. 
  7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing? Job wise I settled for a job that pays me what I need for my budget. I've never had any great aspiration to be something special like a doctor, lawyer or what have you. On a personal scale, I live the way I believe I should. I have a strong set of beliefs and I don't stray from them. 
  8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? I'd be dead since I am now 42, lol  I'd live my life happily in heaven with Jesus right now!
  9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken? My actions have controlled the way my life has turned out. There are many things I wish I could go back and redo, but then I think that if I "fixed" things then I may not be the person I am today or have my son. My path has been hard at times but my choices have controlled that path 100%. 
  10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? I don't worry about doing the right thing, I just do it automatically. I sometimes worry about doing things the wrong way though.
  11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire.  They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend.  The criticism is distasteful and unjustified.  What do you do? I tell them that I've never had any problem with that person and actually really like them and ask them not to be so negative about the person in front of me. 
  12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? Don't be afraid to follow your beliefs and be yourself and not cave into peer pressure. 
  13. Would you break the law to save a loved one?  I would do anything to protect my son. 
  14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity? Never have seen this before. 
  15. What’s something you know you do differently than most people? 
  16. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy? Because we are all different. Staying at home and watching movies makes me happy but someone else might find this boring. Whereas others like to go out to parties and I would hate that. 
  17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? I've always wanted to write a book. The thing holding me back is ME. I just don't have the follow-through. I start out great but when I get to certain point I always get bored. 
  18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of? Nope, I don't usually hold onto things. My philosophy is , "oh well. who cares."
  19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why? I'd love to move to someplace like England or Paris. I don't want to move their permanent but I wouldn't mind living abroad for a year. I always thought it would be wonderful to experience real life in a foreign country. 
  20. Do you push the elevator button more than once?  Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster? No we only hit it once. I usually let my son hit the button.  Multiple times hitting the button is for impatient people. 
  21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? Worried genius.  I'd hate to be a simpleton. It is actually my greatest fear, To lose my intelligence. 
  22. Why are you, you? Because of the way my mom raised me. If she hadn't brought me up the way she did and instilled me with good values then I would not be the person I am today. 
  23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend? Probably not. I'm not good at keeping in touch with people. I like having friends and I really care about the friends I have, I just don't always let them know. Or keep in contact with them. 
  24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you? They are both the same to me. 
  25. What are you most grateful for? Easy one. My son. I wasn't supposed to be able to have children. I never did my whole adult life until I got pregnant with him when I was 37. It was a wonderful surprise. 
  26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones? Never be able to make new ones. Memories of myself don't matter to me, memories of the time with my son are what I want. 
  27. Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first? Yes, you don't have to challenge the truth to know the truth, sometimes it's all about faith. 
  28. Has your greatest fear ever come true? No and I pray it never does. 
  29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset?  Does it really matter now? I don't know that I was extremely upset five years ago. Things have a way of working out. 
  30. What is your happiest childhood memory?  What makes it so special? I liked helping my mom clean the offices at her work. I think because we were all together and when the work was done we were allowed to make hot chocolate from the break room. 
  31. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive? Recent past? Hmmm. hard to say. I'm not a very passionate person. 
  32. If not now, then when? When I get around to it. :P
  33. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose? Time and money
  34. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever? Only with a dog and not really a conversation. Every time I meet a new dog that is friendly and loving I walk away feeling energized by happy loving feelings. 
  35. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars?
  36. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil? Yes if you are not a psycho and have a conscience. 
  37. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job? For a million, NO. Half of it would go to taxes and I could easily spend the rest fast. Buying a new house straight out, new vehicles for cash, and paying off all my debt, putting money aside to pay for my son's college and then paying off my homes and debts of my family. Yea that $500,000 would go fast.  I may go down to part time though. :) 
  38. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing? Less work? I don't know how to answer this question.
  39. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before? Nope, each day is new. 
  40. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in? Uh, that is kinda weird
  41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today? My mom first then my brother. Then I would visit each other member if I had time. 
  42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous? Nope, I am already 42 ..how much more time would I have? 
  43. What is the difference between being alive and truly living?  Some people just exist and don't leave a footprint in the world. They change nothing around them. Truly living is leaving happiness wherever you are. 
  44. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right? I always do what is right
  45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake? Because we don't want to be judged and ridiculed by others. 
  46. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? Yes, I would dye my hair hot pink or blue but I worry about what the people at church would say.
  47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing? Last night. I noticed I was wheezing. lol
  48. What do you love?  Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love? I love making cards. I made my mother-in-law, and both sister-in-laws birthday cards :) 
  49. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday?  What about the day before that?  Or the day before that? I doubt it. I don't dwell on past, only the present. 
  50. Decisions are being made right now.  The question is:  Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you? I always make my own decisions. Others may think they are making decisions for me but it is always my final decision to allow them to or not :) 
My partners for this swap are: 
User4532
KimT1989
OonAWingedWolf
Halipulla
Wilujeng


I got wonderful answers in return from:

You can click the on the names above to see their answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment