Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Try Something New Perhaps?

I was thinking of hosting a series of swaps starting in January 2017 on swap.com. I'm still throwing things around in my head and trying to decide how I want to do it but the general theme would be to try something new each month. Perhaps bi-weekly if the challenges/swaps were easy. There are so many things that I love doing and creating but then I have no one to swap them with so they just sit in my stash collecting dust. I've tried selling on Etsy in the past but it is so hard to get started there.  Plus I just love sharing the things I make. It makes me happy.
I've wrote down a few (well a whole bunch actually) ideas for the swaps. Here they are:

January: I think I'm going to start the first challenge with a Zentangle. This is a new art format that I learned and it is kind of fun to do.  and perhaps the second challenge we could do is an Altered hatpin.

The other months are not cemented yet but I had some ideas of challenges that we could do:

Altered: Dominoes, spoons, playing cards, binder clips, hat pins, matchbook
ATC, Twinchies, Inchies, Whimsey Jar, Bookmark(metal), Dishcloth, Purse Charm, Mini Pocket letter, Doodle a day, Letter a Day,  Ribbon tassle, and handmade stationary. Maybe even a homemade stuffed animal. I don't know yet.



February: ATC -- Inchies
March:Dishcloth -- Altered spoon
April: Letter a Day
May:Purse Charm -- Altered dominoes
June:Mini Pocket Letter -- Altered binder clip
July:Ribbon Tassle -- Altered matchbook
August:Twinchies -- Altered playing card
September:Doodle A Day
October: Whimsey Jar
November: Handmade Stationary - Christmas stocking
December: Bookmark (metal), Homemade stuffed animal/stocking friend.

1 comment:

  1. oh these sound so fun. i have done dominoes (made a accordion mini with them) a spoon, binder clips, matchbooks and matchboxes, playing cards (i loved doing this one) and so much more.

    i would love to join these awesome swaps with you.

    ReplyDelete