Wednesday, December 21, 2016

ESG: A Shelfie 12/21/2016


Hello All My Swappy Friends :)

I recently participated in a swap hosted by chaari over on swap-bot.com where we had to send each of our partners a picture of our bookcase. To find out more details on the swap click on chaari's name above and it will take you to the swap page. We had three partners for this swap and this is the sorry sad looking picture that I had to send them. 

 Please disregard the cobwebs. hahahahaha



 lol Yes I know that my bookshelf is sorely lacking in space :( It is a great sadness that this is all the space I have to store books. Most of my books are in boxes in my storage unit and i just don't have the room for them unfortunately.  I have a dream someday of having a room all to myself where I can have my home office, my craft rooom and a huge wall of floor to ceiling bookshelves that I can pack to the brim. But for now I keep my favorite books/authors close to me. This shelf is in my craft room and is actually a shelf that my husband made when he was in high school. It was a rough wood color (they used cheap cuts of wood in shop class) and it was sitting on his back porch with stuff piled ON it when I first met him.  After we were married and I was living here, I asked him if I could have his shelf. When he said yes, I then asked him if I could paint the shelf... When he said yes I decided to press my luck and ask him if he would make this shelving system for me. (second picture)




I know it looks a little cluttered but to be honest it actually is well organized because everything has a place for me to put stuff away. Others may not be able to find anything but I can and since it's my area that is all that matters right? Anyway, back to the bookshelf. I asked my husband to turn the shelf on it's side and using pipes from the hardware store and plumbing flanges ( you can see them at the bottom and tops of the pipes attached to the shelves) he made an raised attached bookshelf  on the top of my current craft desk.  It is actually really high and I can't reach the top of the shelves but it is for book storage not daily access so I was fine with that. :) 

Since I couldn't store all of my books here I just chose a few of my favorite that I tend to read over and over again.  The middle shelf is where I store all the journals I've received from various swap-bot Journal swaps. I like to keep them handy so I can look through them from time to time. 

I realy love swaps like this. They have a fun, quick turnaround and are easy rating boosters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment